Certified Secretaries are expert practitioners in governance, governance audits and compliance, corporate secretarial practice, corporate law, consultancy and business management and administration. The course is aimed at persons who wish to qualify and work or practice as corporate secretaries, policy formulators and consultants in governance, governance and compliance auditors and administrators at county and national levels and in the private sector.
A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the professional examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least TWO Principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level or equivalent qualifications.
- KASNEB technician, diploma or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognized university.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade C in 6 papers with C in both English and Mathematics.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by KASNEB.
Curriculum Road Map
- Management Principles and Practice
- Communication Skills and Records Management
- Introduction to Law and Governance
- Principles of Accounting and Taxation
- Human Resources Management
- Information Communication Technology
- Company Law
- Public Sector Governance, Policy and Administration
- Meetings: Compliance and Administration
- Financial Markets and Specialised Institutions
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Research, Consultancy and Advisory
- Strategic Management
- Finance for Decision Making
- Governance and Compliance Audit
- Boardroom Dynamics
- Research Project