Certified Investment and Financial Analysts course is aimed at persons who wish to qualify and work or practice as investment, securities and financial analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers, fund managers, consultants on national and global financial markets and related areas.
A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the professional examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least TWO Principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level or equivalent qualifications.
- KASNEB technician, diploma or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognized university.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade C in 6 papers with C in both English and Mathematics.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by KASNEB.
Curriculum Road Map
- Financial Accounting
- Professional Ethics and Governance
- Introduction to Law and Governance
- Quantitative Analysis
- Introduction to Finance and Investments
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Statements Analysis
- Equity Investments Analysis
- Fixed Income Investments Analysis
- Public Finance and Taxation
- Leadership and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Alternative Investments Analysis
- Advanced Portfolio Management
- Derivatives Analysis
- Practical Paper on Financial Modelling and Data Analytics